PURPOSE OF ROLE
This is a senior leadership role at Foresters Financial responsible for:
– Marketing and communications of Foresters North America Life Insurance and annuity products to members and prospective members
– Driving internal and external communications to promote Foresters North America products, services and operating principles to captive and independent distribution partners in the US and Canada
– Working closely with the product team and distribution teams to identify key markets and products that will drive organic growth for the company
– All competitive, quantitative and qualitative research to support the strategic decision making of senior leadership
– Pushing the company out of its comfort zone in to new products and markets with the appropriate risk profile
– Mentoring and being a role model for less experienced members of the marketing team.
- Develop and implement strategic business planning activities for North America Insurance.
- Accountable for the competitive intelligence and industry analysis function for North America to provide analysis of life and investment industry trends, competitive profiling, as well as product and sales benchmarking against key competitors.
- Responsible for integrating competitive, marketplace analysis and channel knowledge to shape marketing and communication plans.
- Develop an overall marketing discipline for Foresters North America Insurance that includes communications strategy, tactical calendar, sequencing and targeting, that optimizes the delivery of all messages in a timely fashion and incorporates the Sales Desk as an integral part of message delivery.
- Own multi-channel communication methods/structures, including web and various social media platforms.
- Build communication strategies that effectively ensure distribution is complying with Foresters policies in collaboration with legal and compliance.
Product Development Support
- Partner with Product leaders to ensure that each product has a clearly defined value proposition, positioning and strategy statement that is easily understood and compelling. This position will have significant input on product development from a consumer perspective, ensuring appropriate prioritization of customer needs.
- Ensure that product upsell/cross-sell strategy is clearly established.
- Ensure that new product development initiatives are developed in collaboration with the product leads.
Oversee the timely, efficient, and effective delivery of numerous projects and Marketing Communications campaigns and programs.
Provide overall image and branding direction for North America Insurance Marketing in alignment with Corporate Marketing and Brand principles.
- Provide creative and innovative leadership direction in regards to communications design elements.
- Leverage corporate messages and benefits of membership in marketing and communication programs, where appropriate.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for web services in the maintenance and enhancements of organization’s producer extranets.
- Responsible for producer portal strategy management.
- Partner closely with Brand to provide input in the development of value proposition, positioning and branding. Spearhead global initiatives such as market segmentation, customer needs, product concept testing and benefits analysis, including price and product positioning and distribution segmentation.
- Develop a customer experience strategy across all touch points and continuously leverage customer insights to evolve the experience and opportunities for Foresters Financial.
- Work with LIMRA to benchmark customer experience.
- Provide leadership in identifying opportunities to help business leaders achieve their desired outcomes with regards to marketing programs and communications.
- Provide leadership which includes a values-driven and results-oriented approach to managing and coaching, influencing others and building strong and productive cross-functional relationships.
- Plan, direct and manage North America Insurance Marketing team budget.
- 15+ years experience in the life insurance or financial services industry with 8+ years of related management experience. Graduate education preferred and/or CLU or equivalent credentials.
- Relevant experience in communications planning and implementation in a complex environment that involves an intangible product and intermediary distribution.
- Experience developing business strategy and applying marketing principles at a senior level in a sales and service driven organization.
- A servant leader focused on the development and success of their team.
- High degree of relationship building and management with stakeholders, internal business partners and colleagues.
- Subject matter expert with numerous communications methodologies including direct, digital and social marketing.
- Disciplined project management acumen with proven attention to detail and strong follow-through to ensure successful implementation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building/networking skills with demonstrated ability to work well in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
Only those candidates who will be selected for further consideration will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team. Foresters Financial is committed to supporting diversity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit foresters.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.