International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Requisition: VN 2017/123
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of The Senior Programme Coordinator (ER) and in close coordination with the DTM Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for all Information Management aspects of all IOM
- Emergency response programming implementation in Nigeria with main implementation and improvement of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix programme (DTM) components including the Baseline Area/Location Assessment, Site Assessment, and Biometric Registration for IDPs.
- As instructed, establish and supervise design of database system upgrade, web portals and interoperability procedures for exchange of DTM data and dissemination to interested parties.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support relevant methodological, operational and technological solutions relating to the DTM implementation.
- Review and approve the technical specification of all related technology and service provision to meet the programme needs and standards. Including the organization of Key information collection activities that includes sample surveys and other ad hoc survey and profiling activities.
- Ensure information management tools and operational frameworks for data collection are properly designed and implemented.
- Review the information products including statistical reports, maps and other products.
- Develop and implement proper backup / restore, data validation and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Supervise the IM team staff and implementing partners including preparation of adequate TORs and contractual arrangements.
- Prepare and organize training for local implementing partners IM staff.
- Secure consistently available computer services, support training and maintenance of all computer systems used for information database systems.
- Ensure the provision of timely, accurate and adequate information to all relevant stakeholders regarding needs, movements and new displacements. Compile and distribute to key stakeholders daily, weekly and monthly update as required.
- Ensure the integration of protection and gender perspectives (vulnerable groups) within the programme activities.
- Support in reporting and analyzing data for donors and stakeholders, assuring data consistency, giving statistic information and mapping of collected data.
- Support IOM partners such as governmental services in data management and reporting with training and technical support.
- Actively participate in relevant inter-agency meetings (UN, I/NGOs, other partners), including cluster/sector, working groups and regional meetings and follow up on resulting action points and recommendations; share meetings minutes with IOM Nigeria team and other relevant units/colleagues.
- Represent IOM at meetings and events where IM programme components are being discussed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Science, Information Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.